Hummel Field Airport
New runway constructed August 2022. At this time, day operations only (see posted NOTAMs)
PK NAIL NORTH END:
Y = 3751379.4297; X = 12077745.1190; El. = 22.6000
PK NAIL SOUTH END:
Y = 3748230.1980; X = 12077798.0678; El. = 29.3700
Total Runway Length: 3,149.68’
Bearing Between N & S End: N 00-57’-48” W
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR 9/24/22 WINGS, WHEELS AND KEELS EVENT:
- Aircraft can land and depart during the event, except during the Radio-Controlled Aircraft Show.
- Airport will be closed during the Radio-Controlled Aircraft Show – 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- No fuel will be sold during the event. Fuel will be available after 4:00 p.m. •Skydivers will be in the vicinity of the airport and landing on Hummel from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- An aircraft parking crew will be available to assist with aircraft to make a safe transition from the runway to parking spot.
Public-Private Partnership Agreement with Middlesex County
The following documents, related to preliminary planning services for the above-referenced Project, are being offered for public comment for 30 days under the County’s “Purchasing Policy Implementing Public-Private Education Facilities and Infrastructure Act of 2002 and Public-Private Transportation Act of 1995”.
- Draft Interim Agreement between Delaware Corporation and Middlesex County (PDF)
- Scope of Work for Airport Layout Plan at Hummel Field (PDF)
- Scope of Work for Environmental Impact Review at Hummel Field (PDF)
Learn more about the partnership by viewing the Public-Private Partnership Agreement Unsolicited Proposal (PDF).